GHNATS Classical Auditions 2021
March 20-27, 2021
Singers should record their videos in the spirit of a live audition or recital performance. They may be recorded in a home, school, synagogue, church, recital hall, rehearsal room, or voice studio with good natural acoustics with or without an audience. Singers should be dressed professionally, as if this were a live recital or live audition.
- You should record a separate unedited video for each selection on the repertoire list.
- Your camera should record in a fixed position as if three adjudicators were seated in front of you.
- You should face straight forward to the camera as you would appear to adjudicators in a live audition.
- Your video recordings must clearly show your face and most of your upper body.
- Introduce each selection at the beginning of the video. “My name is _______. I will sing – Title of composition – by Composer (and where appropriate) from – title of larger work.
- The identity of your teacher, school, or region should NOT be revealed.
- You must perform each of your selections from memory on the recording.
Preparing the YouTube Video
- Please note that you must select “unlisted” in the Privacy settings found under the broadcasting and sharing options section when uploading your video file to YouTube. If you select “Public” you may have copyright issues with YouTube. If you select “private,” adjudicators will not be able to access the submission(s).
- In the application, provide the weblink/address for each video that corresponds to the appropriate repertoire selection—either 3, 4, or 5 total selections, depending on your category. Please double check the links you provide for each video before submitting your application.
- Each video title should contain the singer’s name and the name of the auditions (GHNATS) (Jane Doe—GHNATS)
- In the YouTube notes section, include the title, composer, and larger work (if applicable)
- YouTube channel names and images must NOT reveal teacher, school, or studio affiliation.
- You will have the option to select which video will be watched, should the singer advance to the finals. This will also serve as the virtual equivalent of which piece the singer would start their preliminary audition. Adjudicators will watch this selection first in the preliminary round.
The following video problems would make them invalid:
- Videos revealing the teacher’s identity, studio affiliation, or the school they attend.
- Videos with “private” sharing options.
- Videos that pan and zoom during performances.
- Videos using additional recording equipment other than the camera.
- Videos that are digitally altered.
Video links must be included with the student’s registration by the close of registration (March 12, 2021).